Paper shredding services are essential if you run or own a company. All documents produced by a company from emails, financial statements, memos, and even notes contain classified information that must be withheld from competitors, the public, and even from your own personnel. When the time comes to discard this confidential information, hopefully, your first choice is a professional document shredding service. But what type of document shredding companies are best for you? There are several types of document destruction services available from third-party vendors including plant-based and mobile paper shredding services. Both offer the protection necessary to keep what needs shredding out of the wrong hands and on the right side of the law. That is as long as a AAA NAID-certified vendor is used.
The decision to use one type of professional shredding services over the other comes down to each individual business. Some require mobile destruction and the comfort of seeing their documents destroyed, others prefer plant-based for its overall speed and unobtrusiveness. There are distinct advantages to both services.
Plant-Based Paper Shredding Services
Plant-based document destruction is when the document shredding service is completed at the vendor’s location. The information destruction company will pick up your containers and haul them in a secured vehicle to a secured, plant-based facility where the shredding will occur.
- Clean, quiet, quick. When it comes time to service your confidential document destruction containers, plant-based destruction means that the containers can be swapped quickly with little or no distraction to employees.
- Safe. NAID-certified vendors use secure processes allowing clients to track containers through an unbreakable chain of custody, viewing when and where their documents were destroyed. A certificate of destruction completes this chain.
- Video surveillance. NAID-certified vendors will have video surveillance on file so that clients may view their confidential document destruction.
Mobile Paper Shredding
Mobile document destruction or on-site document destruction is when the professional shredding service brings a “shredding truck” to your location and destroys what needs shredding immediately onsite.
- Immediate destruction. Perhaps the biggest advantage of mobile paper shredding is that your documents are destroyed right then and there. As soon as the containers are brought to the curb, a mobile shredding truck begins its work.
- Visible destruction. Similar to viewing surveillance footage of your documents being destroyed at a professional shredding service’s facility, mobile paper shredding also offers real-time video footage of your documents being shredded. The entire process from removal to destruction can be witnessed in person in a matter of minutes.
- Certificate of destruction. A certificate of destruction is issued, proving that your documents were destroyed in accordance with information security laws.
The benefits of both plant-based and mobile document destruction services are plentiful; the important thing is that you select a AAA NAID-certified third-party vendor to keep your confidential information safe and secure.